The following is a list of towns (some ghost towns) along the Nipissing Road. It’s organized alphabetically by township, then settlement.
In some cases, townships have been merged with larger townships and municipalities.
- Burks Falls
- Booth’s Landing
East Mills (unorganized)
The town of Kearney was amalgamated with historical Bethune and Proudfoot townships.
- Bummers Roost: This ghost town originated as a joke, by an 1860’s trapper.
- Mecunoma: Ghost town (possibly erroneously) named for a native word.
- Wattenwyle: Wait a while (in German).
- South River
The township of Magnetawan was formed through the amalgamation of the townships of Chapman, Croft, and Spence.
- Ahmic Harbour
- Dufferin Bridge
- North Seguin
The townships of McMurrich and Monteith merged (the western half of Monteith was incorporated into the township of Seguin.
- Seguin Falls
Muskoka (Regional Municipality)
The District was created in 1868, through the withdrawal of townships and unorganized territory from three other jurisdictions: Brunel, Cardwell, Chaffey, Humphrey, Stephenson, Stisted, Watt (only listing townships within the Nipissing Road Map)
- Huntsville (Muskoka District)
- Bear Cave
- Rosseau Falls
- Tomelin Bluffs
- Clear Lake
Formed from the township of Himsworth
- Trout Creek
(The Township of Seguin is the amalgamated municipality of the former Townships of Christie, Foley and Humphrey, and the Village of Rosseau as well as an annexation of the western portion of the unorganized Township of Monteith.)
- Ashdown Corner
- Seguin Falls
In 2000, the Municipality of Whitestone was formed out of the geographic townships of East Burpee, Burton, McKenzie, Ferrie, Hagerman, and part of Croft, as well as the communities of Ardbeg, Dunchurch, Maple Island, and the village of Whitestone.